By Patrick Harbison and Laura Braden
It’s March and bees are starting to buzz … flowers are starting to bloom … and we’re getting itchy for some day-drinking-on-beach-cruisers.
But more importantly, it’s time for the 5th Annual Sacramento’s Most Eligible Bachelor/Bachelorette (#SMEBB) contest!!!
Submit your nominees to email@example.com. We need…
- Reason for nomination
- Nominee’s cell/email
Competition is fierce – we received over 60 nominations last year – so be direct and concise. All nominations are anonymous, but we do contact them to ensure they’re down to party with us and are available for the mixer and finale party. Deadline to nominate is Friday, March 14.
We’re looking for diverse nominees aged 25-45 that have legitimate careers, know how to laugh at themselves and enjoy meeting new people. We count three marriages and nearly a dozen healthy/productive relationships (seriously, Patrick introduced Laura to her current boo at the 2012 party) under our SMEBB belt. Check out our past contests:
- 2013 Party Pictures (Marilyn’s on K)
- 2013 Nominees
- 2012 Party Pictures (District 30)
- 2012 Nominees
- 2011 Exit Interview: Eric Dietz
- 2011 Party Pictures (Lounge on 20)
- 2011 Nominees
- 2010 Exit Interview: Patrick Harbison (also known as the co-author of this post)
- 2010 Party Pictures (Lounge on 20)
- 2010 Nominees
SMEBB 2014 Schedule!
- Friday, March 14. SMEBB nomination deadline.
- Weds, March 19 – SMEBB Nominees Announced – Online Voting Starts. Don’t even think about developing some fancy algorithm to rig the contest – you will get disqualified.
- Tuesday, March 25 – SMEBB Mixer at the Mix Downtown (1525 L Street). Can’t decide who to vote for? Come out and meet the nominees! RSVP HERE.
- Weds, April 2 – Online Voting Ends.
- Thursday, April 3 – SMEBB Finale Party at the Mix Downtown (1525 L Street). Winners announced, relationships are forged and things. get. weird. RSVP HERE.
Party With A Purpose: WEAVE
We “party with a purpose” and are partnering again (for the 5th year in a row!) with WEAVE (Facebook,Twitter), which is the primary provider of crisis intervention services for survivors of domestic violence and sexual assault in Sacramento County. Through its involvement in the Rescue & Restore Coalition, WEAVE also provides outreach and services for international and domestic victims of human trafficking.
100% of the proceeds from SMEBB 2014 will go directly to WEAVE. We’re super lucky to have had all past SMEBBs free (from the venue to the red carpet to the photographer to the DJ), and this year we’re going to keep it that way AND raise additional cash for WEAVE’s annual “Walk A Mile In Her Shoes” event, which features over 600 local men wearing high heels to raise awareness and funds against domestic violence and sexual assault.
Patrick is organizing a team made up of past SMEBB nominees. Our team is growing but support them today! http://weaveinc.donorpages.com/WalkaMile2014/SMEBDreamTeam/
Missed last year’s party? Check out the highlight reel…