By Chantel Elder and Laura Braden
Cupcakes. Wine. Vintage shopping. Fashion.
All words that will instantly capture our attention. This past weekend, we attended the first (of hopefully many) Sacramento Fashion Blog Meet-ups at the fabulous vintage store, Crimson & Clover (1617 16th Street), which is the authentic version of an Anthropologie catalog: unique items, feminine jewelry, shoes and clothing, and GREAT prices!
The sun was boiling, the cupcakes were a little melted, but the drinks were cold and the company was lovely. A lot of these gals we know only from email, Facebook and Twitter – so it was great to finally put faces to names/personalities.
Neither of us are particularly fashion-forward (unless you count Laura’s obsession with jeggings), but it’s safe to say we have a wide appreciation for all things pretty and local! It was also great to compare notes on running a blog – one topic that kept coming up was how robust and collaborative Sacramento’s blogging/social networking community is, which has definitely been GOTG’s experience. Good content is good content, period. And the community has been great in helping promote amazing articles and events – all of which help to improve the city’s character.
After some mixing and some mingling, we took a break from the heat to shop a bit. I think just about everyone walked out with something great. I found an adorable belt ($1!!), and Laura scored a beautiful copper necklace and retro 70’s sweater jacket for under $30!
In no particular order, the following local Fashionistas turned out for the fun…Be sure and bookmark them!
- Natale Eve, Evelesco (see her pics from the event here)
- Kerry Lin Dolan, Fashion Farms and Freedom
- Kara Perez, Porkchop Rules, Crimson & Clover
- Nicole Honeyeater, Flaming Hag Folkwear, Crimson & Clover
- Lorena Beighter, Sac Cycle Chic
- Kari Shipman, Juniper James
- Jen Wade, Wade and Asscociates
- Jeanine Mengel, Neenster.com
- Melody Stone, It’s All Happening, Mid-Mo (see her post here)
- Lisa McCrea, Starship Narcissus (see her post here)
- Bella Q, the Citizen Rosebud, Mid-Mo (see her pics from the event here and here)