Lights! Cameras! Fashion! Sacramento Fashion Week (SACFW) (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Pinterest, Instagram) is back in its seventh year to support and showcase local designers within the city’s ever-growing fashion community. Events will be held now through Saturday, March 2.
Fashion addicts, and hair and make-up enthusiasts will enjoy the several events during the weeklong event. Attendees will have the opportunity to rub elbows with fashion professionals, including America’s Next Top Model Cycle 4 Winner Naima Moora, while picking up a few industry-secrets. Modeling 101, anyone?
As a self-professed fashion aficionado, I am truly excited for SACFW. It is an amazing opportunity for local designers to show-off what they’ve got, while putting Sacramento on the fashion map!
Sacramento Fashion Week Line Up
- Tuesday, February 26: The Modeling 101 (Tickets – Free) and Social Media Workshops (Sold Out) will give the attendees a great introduction to the modeling industry and an overview on how social media creates a great impact on the industry.
- Weds., February 27: In addition to being lead the salon for SACFW, Allure Salon and Spa will host a Hair & Makeup Workshop. New to the line up of events is “Fashion on Film” evening the California Film Foundation will host where local filmmakers will feature fashion inspired films. (Tickets – Free)
- Thursday, February 28: A new addition to the lineup is the Boutique Showcase, showcasing styles from local boutiques. Attendees can purchase styles right off the runway after the show. Participating boutiques and businesses include Aquamarine Jewelers, Felicia Strati, Trumpette, French Cuff Consignment, Violet Muse, and Article Consignment Boutique. (Tickets – $15-40)
- Friday, March 1: The first group of designers will showcase their Spring/Summer collections on the runway. (Tickets – $50-100)
- Saturday, March 2: The second group of designers will showcase their Fall/Winter collections on the runway. (Tickets – $50-100)
Channel your inner Carrie Bradshaw and strap on those Manolos, and we will see you there!
2012 Fashion Week Highlights: