By Laura Braden, Kira Heinrichs and Lisa Page
Shockingly (or not), the world didn’t end on December 21, so it’s officially time to welcome 2013!
Still haven’t decided what to do for NYE? We can relate. This holiday falls somewhere between Senior Prom and Valentine’s Day – I.E. overhyped and underwhelming.
But have no fear, we’ve compiled our favorite events around town that we can practically guarantee will be fun. So whether you’re with family, friends or that special [INSERT] title, get your party heels on to toast to lessons learned and dreams yet to be realized…
VIDEO: GOTG on KCRA discussing last minute NYE options: http://www.kcra.com/Looking-for-last-minute-New-Year-s-Eve-plans/-/11798090/17956452/-/dy2ias/-/index.html.
Alternative and/or Kid-Friendly Events
Holiday Monday: Noon Year’s Eve Family Festival
- Families can enjoy live music and activities before counting down to 2013…at 12:00pm rather than 12:00am. More details here.
- Crocker Museum (216 O Street) from 10:00am-2:00pm
New Year’s Eve Sky Spectacular
- This free celebration is open to all residents and features activities for the whole family to enjoy including children’s programming, fireworks, live music, dinner specials, hot food and drink vendors, and a variety of colorful street entertainment. More details here.
- Waterfront Park (1000 Front Street) at 9:00pm and midnight.
NYE with Zuda Yoga
- One of our favorite studios on the grid, Zuda is holding a party (9:00-10:00pm) and uber-yoga session at midnight that includes practice, meditation, pranayama and contemplation. More details here.
- $25 per person at the Midtown (1515 19th Street) and Folsom (220 Blue Ravine) location.
The (Private) Bar Scene
Low Brau (1050 20th Street)
- The Lipstick Weekender teams up with Submerge Magazine to host this NYE bash at the new bier hall in town. The event features live music by St. Lucia, DJ Whores & Sam I Jam,
- $20 per person includes party favors, champagne toast and midnight countdown w/ St. Lucia. Tickets available through Ace of Spades here.
- Doors open at 9:00pm.
Dive Bar (1016 K Street)
- No cover, $250 VIP bottle service, party favors and a champagne toast at midnight.
- Doors open at 4:00pm.
R15 (R & 15th)
- Billiards, champagne toast.
- No cover, $4 cocktails all night.
De Vere’s (1521 L Street)
- Whiskey and champagne NYE toasts at 4:00pm (midnight in Dublin) and midnight. More details here.
- No cover.
KBar (1000 K Street)
- Rock out to beats by DJ ZRokk and live drummer InkdUP, take as many pics as you want at their DIY Instagram photobooth, and, more importantly, party on without breaking the bank! More details here.
- No cover. Doors open at 9:00pm.
The Mix (16th and L Street)
- Party tickets include a confetti storm, a midnight champagne toast, party favors, and a Times Square ball drop countdown! Music will be provided by DJ Eddie Edul. More details here.
- $40 early bird/$50 general admission. 7:00pm.
Fancy (and Romantic) NYE Dinners
Ella Dining Room & Bar (1131 K Street)
- Four-course dinner (menu).
- Includes one bottle of Champagne and Sterling Caviar.
- Call 916-443-3772 to make reservations.
Grange Restaurant & Bar (926 J Street)
Enotria Restaurant & Winebar (1431 Del Paso Blvd)
- 12 courses for $150/person. 12 wine pairings for $90/person.
- 12-course dinner dedicated to NYE culinary traditions around the world (more details here).
- Call 916-922-6792 to make reservations.
AND DON’T FORGET ABOUT New Year’s Day Brunch at De Vere’s (1521 L Street) (seriously one of the best in town!)
- Drag your sorry butt out of bed or off your couch to start the new year off right! They’re organizing a special menu to celebrate 2013 with bottomless bottle service mimosas, Almost Famous Irish Coffees, and Bloody Mary’s. More details here.
- Free from 9:00am-2:00pm.