The fact that I am giving out this recipe must mean one of two things. I am crazy or I am kind. Either way, you can thank me later. This appetizer has turned into a cult classic in my circle. If I am attending a party, I must bring sweetie meaties or I could possibly be denied entrance at the door. Okay, maybe not that serious but they are that good. If you decide to try these out; you’d be a fool not to; please remember to eat a few before you pass them out to guest…they never last that long.
- 2 lbs of dates (I prefer pitted)
- 2 lbs of bacon
- 1 container of gorgonzola cheese
- 1 package of skewer sticks
- Pre heat oven to 375 degrees
- Cut the dates in half ensuring the pits are removed
- Cut the bacon in half
- Stuff the date with the gorgonzola cheese
- Wrap the date with the bacon half tightly
- Stick bacon wrapped date on skewer ensuring it is secured together
- Place as many bacon wrapped dates on the skewer as you can
- Place the skewers on a baking tray
- Bake for 10 mins
- Flip the skewers and bake for another 10 mins
- You want the bacon to be crisp and cooked
- Remove from oven and let sit for 10 mins
- Remove each date from the skewer and enjoy!
*Usually makes around 50-60 sweetie meaties.