This recipe was given to me by my friend and neighbor (and eligible bachelor!) Brian Gregory.
In 2009, Brian worked at the CBS affiliate news station in Knoxville, Tenn., and they had a daily morning cooking segment. For fun, they invited Layla Kiffin, the wife of the University of Tennessee football coach Lane Kiffin, to share some of her favorite recipes, and this has been Brian’s go-to dish ever since. It’s MIGHTY tasty and also good for you!
- 2 cans black beans, drained
- 2 cans Rotel diced tomatoes and green chilies, drained
- 1 can corn, drained
- 2-3 avocados
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- Mexican cheese, to taste (optional)
- Cilantro, chopped, to taste
- Garlic salt, to taste
- Salt and pepper, to taste
In large bowl mix all ingredients together. Place in refrigerator and let sit overnight (optional). Serve with chips.
Notes: Use fresh ingredients. Serves approximately 10-12 people at a party. Takes approximately 30 minutes to make.