By Danielle Ball
Every Friday, we share our favorite local/general and national/lady content from the previous week. This gives us a chance to dive into thought provoking pieces, as well as cheerlead our fave local bloggers.
Dig in, and get your read on!
PET CRUSH OF THE WEEK
This pile of fluff is Bailey. She’s a young Alaskan Malamute whose size is matched by her sass. She enjoys lounging and picnics, and would love to be an only child. Bailey is available at the Front Street Shelter.
- Your Sacramento neighbors may be long distance starting this fall
- The Lipstick Giraffe shared her Galentine’s gathering with some amazing local bloggers
- Sutter Health has committed $20 million in funding with a goal of drastically increasing housing for the homeless population in Sacramento
- This dog has crossed off more items from his bucket list than I have. (Also his birthday is coming up and you can send him a card!)
- American Girl fans have their panties in a bunch about a recent change to the dolls. (Actually their panties are perfectly smooth and that’s the problem)
- We may be one step closer to male birth control
Friday, February 10
- Grab a pint and take in a performance at Beer and Ballet.
- If you’re looking for something a bit non-traditional to do with your boo, try the Valentine Haunt at Sacramento Scream Park.
Saturday, February 11
- If you’ve never quite gotten over your crush on Angel, you can relive all your 90’s bad boy vampire fantasies with a Buffy the Vampire Slayer musical!
- If that’s not enough 90’s nostalgia for you, The Crocker Art Museum is hosting a 90’s themed Prom!
- Join the Love Spell Pub Crawl to meet local singles and support an amazing cause!
Sunday, February 12
- Come see one of the most unique events in town at ArtStreet. Stay until 8PM for a Silent Disco party!
- Make a fun gift for your valentine at Identity Coffees’ Succulent Workshop.