As a new Sacramentan, I’m quickly realizing one of the city’s best kept secrets: its food.
Local restaurants pride themselves for utilizing the region’s abundant agriculture, serving foodies an amazing selection of some the freshest food to ever grace the palate.
Recently dubbed as America’s Farm-to-Fork Capital (Facebook, Twitter), Sacramento is leading the movement to bring more awareness on local food production and sustainability. The culinary community within the grid is a Locavore’s dream!
To celebrate Sacramento’s growing culinary scene, and to further the mission of encouraging food sustainability, Farm to Fork Week will makes its debut! The celebration takes place September 20-29. Patrons will be able to experience why Sacramento is more than deserving of the title.
- Fri, Sept 20: Farm to Fork Week Opening Reception – Ella chefs are preparing a wonderful dinner to kick start the week-long celebration. Locally grown Sterling Caviar will also celebrate 20 years of business in Sacramento.
- Sat, Sept 21: 11th Annual Autumn Equinox Celebration, Feast at the Fort, and 19th Annual California Brewers Festival: Enjoy some food and spirits with a side of live musical bands at a farm on Hurley Way.
- Sat, Sept 21-Sun, Sept 29: Farm to Fork Restaurant Week – local restaurants showcase dishes featuring the best of Sacramento’s ingredients.
- Mon, Sept 23: Cattle Drive - This is your chance to see dozens of cattle herded from West Sacramento across the Tower Bridge and right down Capitol Mall toward the Capitol. #CowTown
- Tues, Sept 24: Downtown Certified Farmers’ Market – Roosevelt Park, Downtown Certified Farmers’ Market – Fremont Park, and Liquid Gold Under the Pacific Sun – A highlight of Farm to Fork Week! From the freshest produce, to the best baked good, come see the abundant variety of local foods.
- Wed, Sept 25: Live with the Chef Goes to the Farmers Market – A local chef will host an exclusive cooking class featuring locally-grown produces and ingredients.
- Thurs, Sept 26: Legends of Wine, Downtown Certified Farmers’ Market – Capitol Park, Downtown Certified Farmers’ Market – Capitol Mall, Tour of Sac Food Bank & Family Services Demonstration Garden, and Kitchen Adventures: Pork to Fork with Michael Tuohy – This one’s for the wine lovers! Darrell Corti and David Berkley will host the event.
- Sat, Sept 28: Farm to Fork Festival – An all-day festival featuring the best food and wine that can only be offered in Sacramento.
- Sun, Sept 29: Farm to Fork Tower Bridge Dinner [SOLD OUT] – An exclusive family-style dinner prepared by Over 30 of the Sacramento region’s finest chefs at Tower Bridge. This is an event that will definitely satisfy a foodie’s dream.
Not enough deliciousness? Check out the full slate of F2F events – going on the entire month of September. Nom, nom, nom.