By the Editors
Been hitting the treadmill since NYE? Still haven’t dined at Blackbird, Bly Prynt, Mayahuel, Red Rabbit or Tuli? Well then treat ‘yo self to a delicious meal during Dine Downtown, running today through January 18.
Dine Downtown was launched in October 2005. After some modifications, the promotion was re-launched in January 2007 with 17 participating restaurants and was a huge hit. Ever since, Dine Downtown has grown as more restaurants sign on.
The gist is simple – dozens of restaurants (full list below) host prix fixe menus that consist of three courses (usually with multiple choices for each one) for $30. The only catch is that the price doesn’t include alcohol, tax or tip.
Bonus? Several of the restaurants include veggie and gluten-free options. Bonus #2? This year, the organizer – Downtown Sacramento Partnership – enlisted foodies around town to preview some of the restaurants’ menus. You can read their reviews here.
Over the years, we’ve frequented and reviewed a number of the restaurants (past articles here), and overall, it’s a great way to support local (and try out new) restaurants. For an opposing view, check out Ashley Robinson’s article (Not a Fan of Dine Downtown).
All Participating Restaurants
- 4th Street Grille | 400 L Street | 916.448.2847 | Menu | Reservations
- Biba | 2801 Capitol Avenue | 916.455.2422 | Menu | Reservations
- Blackbird Kitchen & Bar | 1015 9th Street | 916.498.9224 | Menu | Reservations
- Blue Prynt | 815 11th Street | 916.492.2969 | Menu | Reservations
- The Broiler Steakhouse | 1201 K Street | 916.444.3444 | Menu | Reservations
- Cafeteria 15 L | 1112 15th Street | 916.492.1960 | Menu | Reservations
- Capitol Garage | 1500 K Street | 916.444.3633 | Menu (V) (GL) | Reservations
- Chops Steak & Seafood Bar |1117 11th Street |916.447.8900 | Menu | Reservations
- Dawson’s at The Hyatt |1209 L Street | 916.443.1234 | Menu | Reservations
- Ella Dining Room & Bar | 1131 K Street | 916.443.3772 | Menu (V)| Reservations
- Esquire Grill |1213 K Street | 916.448.8900 | Menu | Reservations
- Fat City | 1001 Front Street | 916.446.6768 | Menu
- The Firehouse Restaurant |1112 Second Street | 916.442.4772 | Reservations | Menu (V)
- Frank Fat’s | 806 L Street | 916.442.7092 | Menu | Reservations
- Grange | 926 J Street | 916.492.4450 | Menu | Reservations
- Il Fornaio | 400 Capitol Mall | 916.446.4100 | Menu Coming Soon | Reservations
- Mayahuel | 1200 K Street | 916.441.7200 | Menu (V) (GL)| Reservations
- The Melting Pot | 814 15th Street | 916.443.2347 | Menu (V) (GL) available upon request
- Mulvaney’s B&L | 1215 19th Street | 916.441.6022 | Menu | Reservations
- Paragary’s Midtown | 1403 28th Street | 916.452.3335 | Menu
- Pilothouse at The Delta King | 1000 Front Street | 916.444.5464 | Menu | Reservations
- The Porch | 1815 K Street | 916.444.2423 | Menu | Reservations
- The Red Rabbit Kitchen and Bar | 2718 J Street | 916.706.2275 | Menu
- Restaurant Thir13en | 1300 H Street | 916.594.7669 | Menu| Reservations
- Rio City Café | 1110 Front Street | 916.442.8226 | Menu
- River City Brewing Company | 545 Downtown Plaza Suite 1115 | 916.448.7153 | Menu (V)
- Spataro | 1415 L Street | 916.440.8888 | Menu | Reservations
- Ten22 | 1022 Second Street | 916.441.2211 | Menu | Reservations
- Tuli Bistro | 2031 S Street | 916.451.8854 | Menu
And stay tuned, we’ll bring you our reviews and favorites next week (but just in time for you to make your own reservations)!