March is Women’s History Month – Help Us Celebrate!
March is Women’s History Month. A project of the Library of Congress, National Archives and Records Administration, National Endowment for the Humanities, National Gallery of Art, National Park Service, Smithsonian Institution and United States Holocaust Memorial Museum, it’s designed to “pay tribute to the generations of women whose commitment to nature and the planet have proved invaluable to society.”
Back in 2014, we started honoring women we thought were creating history right here in Sacramento. Women who are working on projects and creating businesses that will leave a lasting and positive impact on our city.
So we need your help.
Nominate an “unsung shero” who’s kicking ass in her respective field.
All we need is her name, age, occupation, the reason for nominating (a few sentences is fine) and the nominee’s email address. The chosen finalists will be contacted by GOTG for profile articles to honor their commitment to (and hard work in) our community.
Deadline to nominate is Weds, February 21 – please send all nominations to girlsonthegrid AT gmail.com. And starting on Monday, March 5, we’ll promote a new lady each weekday.
Let’s support and boost women making a real difference in Sacramento!
- Sacramento Women Making History (2017 Gallery)
- Local Women Making History: Autumn Sky (2015)
- Local Women Making History: Shari Fitzpatrick (2015)
- Local Women Making History: Jen Grimsley-Aloy (2015)
- Local Women Making History: Rosaura Unangst (2015)
- Local Women Making History: Ana Manzano (2015)
- Sacramento Women Making History (2014 Gallery)