Kick-Off: 8th Annual #SMEBB
For those of you new to Sacramento, #SMEBB stands for Sacramento’s Most Eligible Bachelor and Bachelorette.
#SMEBB is the opposite of a meat market – it’s a light-hearted fundraiser to benefit WEAVE (see more info below).
We’re looking for diverse nominees aged 25-45 that have legitimate careers, know how to have fun and enjoy meeting new people. We count 10+ marriages and over a dozen healthy/productive relationships under our #SMEBB belt.
Competition is fierce – we received over 130 nominations last year – so please be direct and concise. All nominations are anonymous, and we contact them to ensure they’re down to party with us and are available for the mixer and finale party (mandatory).
Deadline to nominate is 6:00pmPT on Thursday, March 23.
#SMEBB 2017 Schedule!
- Thursday, March 23 – Deadline to nominate.
- Thursday, March 30 – Nominees Announced at GirlsOnTheGrid.com – Online Voting Starts. Don’t even think about developing some fancy algorithm to rig the contest – you will get disqualified.
- Thursday, April 6 – #SMEBB Mixer at Blue Cue (1004 28th Street). (RSVP) (Tickets)
- Weds, April 12 at 6:00pmPT – Deadline to vote.
- Thursday, April 13 – #SMEBB Finale Party at Social (1000 K Street). Winners announced, relationships are forged and things. get. weird. (RSVP) (Tickets)
We’ve SOLD OUT of tickets for the mixer and finale party three years running so secure your tickets today! The mixer is a $20 minimum donation, and the finale is $30 – or you can save $$ by purchasing both for $40!
Party With A Purpose: WEAVE
We “party with a purpose” and are partnering again (for the 8th year in a row!) with WEAVE (Facebook, Twitter), which is the primary provider of crisis intervention services for survivors of domestic violence and sexual assault in Sacramento County. Through its involvement in the Rescue & Restore Coalition, WEAVE also provides outreach and services for international and domestic victims of human trafficking.
100% of the money raised from #SMEBB 2017 will go directly to WEAVE. That’s right. Every single dollar will benefit WEAVE’s annual “Walk A Mile In Her Shoes” event, which features nearly 1,000 local men wearing RED high heels to raise awareness and funds against domestic violence and sexual assault. We raised over $11,000 in 2015, $15,000 in 2016 and our goal for 2017 is $20,000. So throw on your sassiest red dress and come out to support a great cause!
Past #SMEBB Pictures / Nominees
- 2016 Party Pictures (Blue Cue and Social)
- 2016 Best of Social Media
- 2016 Nominees
- 2015 Party Pictures (Vanguard and Social)
- 2015 Nominees
- 2014 Party Pictures (The Mix)
- 2014 Nominees
- 2013 Party Pictures (Marilyn’s on K)
- 2013 Nominees
- 2012 Party Pictures (District 30)
- 2012 Nominees
- 2011 Party Pictures (Lounge on 20)
- 2011 Nominees
- 2010 Party Pictures (Lounge on 20)
- 2010 Nominees