GOTG Friday Faves 3/3/17
By Danielle Ball
Every Friday, we share our favorite local/general and national/lady content from the previous week. This gives us a chance to dive into thought provoking pieces, as well as cheerlead our fave local bloggers.
Dig in, and get your read on!
PET CRUSH OF THE WEEK
How can you look at this little face and not adopt him? This senior pupper is looking for a new home. He’s pretty flexible about living with other dogs and could be amenable to hanging out with kids and cats. Gizmo is looking forward to wearing tiny sweaters to match his new human and will happily participate in all of your living room dance parties. He’s available at Sacramento SPCA.
- We catch up with The Lipstick Giraffe’s new project
- A new law in California requires single user bathrooms to be accessible to all genders
- Colour Me Classic reveals her new mindset
- Rihanna is Harvard’s Humanitarian of the Year
- Now you can get a Women of NASA set in lego form
- Disney has aired its first gay kiss. One tiny step for representation that will mean a lot to a lot of people
- U.S. Senators received a gift this week
Friday, March 3
- Two Rivers Cider is hosting a tasting featuring some delicious beverages and food from one of our favorite food trucks.
- Feeling a little art withdrawal after #ArtStreet? Never fear First Friday Artwalk at WAL is open 6-9pm.
- Rock out to your favorite 90’s hits with Total Recall at Highwater.
Saturday, March 4
- Puppies and Pitchers! River City Brewing Company is hosting a fundraiser this afternoon from 12-4. There will be special prices on pitchers, a dog photographer, and treats for your four-legged friend. (If that weren’t enough, the event raises money for the SPCA.)
- If you haven’t had enough puppies for the day, it’s time for the Mardi Paws Parade!
Sunday, March 5
- Head to New Helvetia for a Beer and Chocolate Pairing.
- Happy Hour lasts for 8 hours today at Sactown Union Brewery’s All Day Happy Hour.
- Take the kids for a ride on the rails, on the Sacramento Rivertrain Excursion.
P.S. Notice a theme? It’s Beer Week!