Friday Faves 2/24/17
By Danielle Ball
Every Friday, we share our favorite local/general and national/lady content from the previous week. This gives us a chance to dive into thought provoking pieces, as well as cheerlead our fave local bloggers.
Dig in, and get your read on!
PET CRUSH OF THE WEEK
Otis is a handsome seven-year-old Chihuahua who is ready for a fresh start. He loves pumpkin scones, fresh blooming flowers, and the smell of fresh coffee. Otis would love a new friend that shares some of his passions, but he would settle for a pumpkin hating, allergy suffering tea drinker as long as he has a nice bed to cuddle in. If you’re interested in adopting him, please contact Front Street Shelter.
- If you’re feeling a bit run down by the grey weather, the Lipstick Giraffe has some self care tips for you
- Best Friends for Frosting has some pretty cute DIY projects to work on during your next rainy day
- As always, ICTFD has some wise words on self reflection and handling your shit
- Beyonce pulls out…even if Jay Z doesn’t (Too much? I don’t know if I know the line anymore)
- The Lion King is getting a reboot, and it might be great
Friday, February 24
- It’s Sacramento Fashion Week again! Check out the Fall/Winter Showcase at the Sacramento Railyards tonight
Saturday, February 25
- Today is the last day for Art Street!
Sunday, February 26
- Did you know that Dr. Ruth was a sniper? Learn more at Becoming Dr. Ruth at the B Street Theatre