Friday Faves 2/17/2017
By Danielle Ball
Every Friday, we share our favorite local/general and national/lady content from the previous week. This gives us a chance to dive into thought provoking pieces, as well as cheerlead our fave local bloggers.
Dig in, and get your read on!
This blue eyed beauty happens to be named after my favorite sister. Alyssa is about five years old and has been waiting patiently for more than a month to find her very own family. She likes warm baths, playing at the park, and going on car rides. You can find out more about Alyssa at the Front Street shelter.
- You can get one of the country’s best burgers right in Carmichael
- There’s a new tavern in the works from the owners of De Vere’s
- Dinosaurs could be in your near future
- Finally, there’s a company that recognizes how difficult it is to be a dog mom
- You can now plan the wedding of your dreams…at Taco Bell
- 12-year-old Marley Dias has something to say about activism
Friday, February 17
Take in a performance of The Vagina Monologues while raising funds to end violence against women. Buy tickets here.
Saturday, February 18
Sacramento Autorama takes place this weekend. More than 500 cars will compete at one of the longest running indoor car shows in the world
Sunday, February 19
If you’re a little into morbid stories and a lot into musicals, Lizzie: The Musical is for you.