Friday Faves 01/19/2017
By Danielle Ball
Every Friday, we share our favorite local/general and national/lady content from the previous week. This gives us a chance to dive into thought provoking pieces, as well as cheerlead our fave local bloggers.
Dig in, and get your read on!
This little squirt is Yoshi. He’s a five year old Pit Bull Terrier looking for his Princess Peach. If you’re interested in starting a new adventure with him, please contact Front Street Shelter.
- Lena Dunham joined Sacramentans in support of a rally for Planned Parenthood at the Capitol.
- Sacramento’s housing market has garnered a lot of attention lately, and local builders Bardis Homes recently received national recognition.
- Mike Pence had an interesting welcome to the neighborhood in the form of an LGBTQ protest dance party.
Support Your City
The Women’s March in Sacramento will take place at the Capitol on Saturday morning. It’s a chance for women (and men, and friends beyond the binary) to join forces and, “stand together in solidarity with our partners and children for the protection of our rights, our safety, our health, and our families — recognizing that our vibrant and diverse communities are the strength of our country.”
If you are planning to attend the march, Rosaura Unangst of Pigment and Parchment has created beautiful artwork for you to print and carry with you. One of my favorites is below. Rosaura has generously provided these images. Download HERE with credit!
Friday, January 20
- Starlite Lounge is hosting a Night of Tribute to Leonard Cohen
Saturday, January 21
- Learn how to make a flower crown or halo with Relles Florist
Sunday, January 22
- Dine Downtown Restaurant Week continues through this weekend. Blue Prynt, Downtown and Vine, and Fat City are on my list.