GOTG Friday Faves 12/23/16
By Danielle Ball
Every Friday, we share our favorite local/general and national/lady content from the previous week. This gives us a chance to dive into thought provoking pieces, as well as cheerlead our fave local bloggers.
Dig in, and get your read on!
PET CRUSH OF THE WEEK
This little muppet is Shaggy and he definitely lives up to his name. He’s a two year old shitzu mix whose only wish for Christmas is a forever home. He doesn’t have a history with cats or dogs, but is willing to meet them and try something new. Please contact the Sacramento SPCA for more information.
- A Sacramento woman is sharing her experience in Aleppo through art (via Capital Public Radio)
- The owners of Pushkins Bakery are opening a new restaurant in Midtown. The menu will specialize in vegan and gluten free options. (via Sactown Magazine)
- Two local women have been named to Bizwomen’s Women to Watch list. (via Sacramento Business Journal)
- Your Christmas pie may not be the same this year due to a whipped cream shortage. (via The Washington Post)
- Zsa Zsa Gabor passed this week at the age of 99. Here are some of her best quotes. (via Huffington Post)
Friday, December 23
- Padme Yoga is hosting a yoga class benefitting WEAVE. Start your holiday weekend on a relaxing and altruistic note.
- Too Short is performing at Ace of Spades tonight.
Saturday, December 24
- The Sacramento Zoo is hosting an early pajama party with the animals. You can head straight over in your jammers and hang out with all the creatures.
- Check out the Theatre of Lights in Old Sacramento.
Sunday, December 25
- The Sacramento Theatre Company is putting on Cinderella.