GOTG Friday Faves 12/9/16
By Danielle Ball
Every Friday, we share our favorite local/general and national/lady content from the previous week. This gives us a chance to dive into thought provoking pieces, as well as cheerlead our fave local bloggers.
Dig in, and get your read on!
PET CRUSH OF THE WEEK
This happy lady is Patsy. She’s a shy pit bull mix who’s hoping for a Christmas miracle. Patsy has been at the shelter for three months and would be so much happier with a family and a home. Please contact Front Street Shelter to adopt her.
- There may be a dolphin in the Sacramento River. His name is Teddison.
- Two-year-old Sacramento conjoined twins have been successfully separated.
- A Square Root in a Round World has your International Travel Checklist to help you prepare for your next adventure.
- The Bourbon Babes explore Austin, Texas.
- 44 more companies have signed the equal pay pledge to ensure that women will be paid fairly.
- I’m obsessed with news of the Great Maple Syrup Heist from our neighbors to the north.
Friday, December 9
- Enjoy live music and festive decorations at the California State Capitol.
Saturday, December 10
- Head to Sutter’s Fort for A Simple Emigrant Christmas. You can learn how to grind wheat into flour, write cards with old-fashioned pens, and you’ll find tons of handmade crafts.
- The Sacramento Santa Parade is today!
Sunday, December 11