GOTG Friday Faves 12/2/16
By Danielle Ball
Every Friday, we share our favorite local/general and national/lady content from the previous week. This gives us a chance to dive into thought provoking pieces, as well as cheerlead our fave local bloggers.
Dig in, and get your read on!
PET CRUSH OF THE WEEK
Does this dog remind anyone else of the story of Little Red Riding Hood? …My, what big ears you have…Anywho, this little cutie is Dudley and he’s a nine month old Chihuahua. He’s housebroken and crate trained, and does well with other dogs his size. Dudley is currently in foster care, but you can find out more about him at Front Street.
- ICTFD catches us up on her family’s news with the annual holiday letter
- Traveling Nine to Fiver has some gift ideas for your favorite traveler
- The Lipstick Giraffe shares her favorite Beauty Buys
- Halima Aden became the first Miss Minnesota contestant to compete in a hijab and burkini (via Huffington Post)
- Wildfires are still raging in Tennessee (via Buzzfeed News)
Friday, December 2
- Pick up something for yourself at the December Art Opening Reception at WAL Public Market.
- Have you ever wanted to wander through a stranger’s house? Now you can! Head to the Sacred Heart Home Tour and wander through six houses in the Fab 40s at their holiday best.
Saturday, December 3
- Cross some items off your shopping list at the Maker’s Mart on J Street. Enjoy some Burly Beverages, nosh on food from Pizza Supreme Being, and check out some of the best crafters in Sacramento.
- Join Preservation and Co. for their 2nd Annual Holiday Open Warehouse.
- Join Sactown Union Brewery for their First Annual Dog Food Drive.
Sunday, December 4