GOTG Friday Faves 11/18/16
By Danielle Ball
Every Friday, we share our favorite local/general and national/lady content from the previous week. This gives us a chance to dive into thought provoking pieces, as well as cheerlead our fave local bloggers.
Dig in, and get your read on!
PET CRUSH OF THE WEEK
I’m pretty obsessed with this little curly-haired boy. He’s survived a car accident and is now fully recovered and ready for a new start. Frankie would prefer to be the only pup in the house, but is open to playdates with other doggos. You can find more information about him at Front Street Shelter.
- Mayor-elect Darrell Steinberg has vowed to keep Sacramento a sanctuary city (via Sacramento Bee)
- A local realtor has offered to pay for all adoptions at Front Street through December 31 (via CBS Local)
- Some local artists are exploring a new solution to homelessness in Oak Park (via Sacramento Bee)
- Merriam Webster has updated their definition of femininity after one woman’s powerful tweet (via Huffington Post)
- Taco Bell is revamping their image and I’m 100% on board. All I really needed to know was that there would be vodka slushies (via Glamour.com)
Friday, November 18
- Stop by Ernesto’s to celebrate their 25th anniversary with some delicious food, a live band, and some other surprises.
- The Sac Biz Journal is celebrating this year’s 40 under 40 winners (including our own Laura Braden-Quigley!) at Track 7.
Saturday, November 19
Sunday, November 20
- Wrap up your weekend with a relaxing stroll through the Sacramento Antique Show.