15 Ideas for Your Next Rainy Day in Sacramento
By Megan MacNee
Sacramento kicked off the wet season with a rainy October and hopefully we have a few more rainy months ahead of us. As much as I know that “rain is a good thing” (some Luke Bryan for you), I’m a sunny warm weather beach person. So when the skies turn dark and wet I can get a little blue.
Whether you love rainy days or if you’re like me and need a little cheering up, there are many things that can make our gray days more interesting around Sacramento. Whether it’s bundling up inside and nesting or trying a new adventure. Here are fifteen things to try on a rainy day in Sacramento:
Plan a little self-care:
1) Indulge in some relaxation by booking a massage or trying out Midtown’s new bath house Asha Urban Baths.
2) Get a warm drink at one, or a few, of our local coffee roasters where you can curl but with a book and listen to the rain.
Take time to give back:
Make the most of a day in the house:
4) Raid the new co-op for everything you need to spend the afternoon cooking or baking.
5) Get out that crockpot and let it fill your house up with great smells before you have a great and easy meal.
Get a little active and try something new:
6) Try out a new indoor exercise at one of our local fitness spots on the grid whether it’s Pilates, yoga or spin.
7) Get active with indoor extreme sports like Go Karting, indoor skydiving or indoor surfing.
8) Put on your boots and head out with your kids, borrow someone’s or just go act like one. Take a walk around town and do some puddle jumping on the way.
Let your foodie side indulge:
11) Sacramento is filled with some delicious ramen and pho places. Go find one! They’ll be sure to warm and film you up
12) Explore all the breweries that have recently popped up on the grid. Stay dry in the taproom and grab one of the board games or play some cornhole depending on which spot you visit.
Take in a show or explore a museum:
13) Stay dry in the new Golden 1 Center and watch a game or show while exploring the local bites and brews around the arena.