Friday Faves 10/28/2016
By Danielle Ball
Every Friday, we share our favorite local/general and national/lady content from the previous week. This gives us a chance to dive into thought provoking pieces, as well as cheerlead our fave local bloggers.
Dig in, and get your read on!
PET CRUSH OF THE WEEK
If you’ve been looking for a rabbit for your woodland creatures themed group Halloween costume, you’re welcome. Daisy is available at the Front Street Shelter.
- Urijah Faber may or may not be considering retirement (via Sacramento Bee)
- Sacramento is aiming to be among the first cities to adopt driverless cars (via Sacramento Business Journal)
- A local celebrity sang the National Anthem at the King’s season home opener (via KCRA3)
- A lot of Vine stars are looking for something new after parent company Twitter shut down Vine (via The Verge)
- Richard Sherman revealed his true identity at a press conference this week (via Huffington Post)
- Pretty soon you’ll be able to go to Chipotle for all your meals (via Business Insider)
- Women in Iceland have found a unique way to address the wage gap (via New York Times)
Friday, October 28
- The Sacramento Natural Foods Co-op kicks off their grand opening weekend today
- Get in a spooky mood with a Ghost Tour of Old Sacramento
Saturday, October 29
- Nelly and the Goo Goo Dolls are performing at Downtown Chow Down
Sunday, October 30
- Celebrate Dia de los Muertos with the Sacramento Latino Center of Art and Culture