GOTG Friday Faves 10/14/16
By Danielle Ball
Every Friday, we share our favorite local/general and national/lady content from the previous week. This gives us a chance to dive into thought provoking pieces, as well as cheerlead our fave local bloggers.
Dig in, and get your read on!
PET CRUSH OF THE WEEK
This handsome guy has been patiently waiting for his forever family at Front Street Shelter for far too long. Likes: Phantom of the Opera, sausages, and black and white cookies. Dislikes: brown shoes with black pants, living outside of the Cookies and Milk delivery zone, and the Snapchat puppy filter. (Seriously, why are people still using it?)
- Sac Biz Journals revealed more of their 40 under 40 list and featured one of our very favorite women, Laura Braden Quigley! #winlikeagirl
- The Sacramento Natural Foods Co-Op new location opened to the public Wednesday.
- Did you know trees like to cuddle?
- Covergirl brand has hired their first CoverBoy and he’s fierce!
- This week Twitter was taken over with women sharing their stories of sexual assault.
SUPPORT YOUR CITY
The Sacramento Red Dress Party will take place on Saturday, October 15. Proceeds benefit the Sacramento LGBT Community Center. This year, the theme is red dress or dress red and attendees have been asked to wear red in whichever way makes them feel most confident. Buy tickets here.
Friday, October 14
- If you’re addicted to tiny house shows on HGTV, we’ve found the perfect event for you!
Saturday, October 15
- If you don’t mind being scared, and think Halloween costumes are for amateurs, Sinister Creature Con is the place to be today.
- Help the Hideaway Bar & Grill celebrate their 6th Anniversary with a fundraiser for the SPCA.
- Need to keep your pizza loving kiddos busy today? Stop by Federalist for their Pizza Making Class for Kids.
- It’s time again for Smoke on the River! The event features local breweries and more than forty pitmasters from throughout the area. The punny barbecue names are reason enough to attend, but if you need more convincing take a look at my pup having the best day of her little life at last year’s event.
Sunday, October 16
- Sacramento International Gay and Lesbian Film Festival continues today.
- Off the Grid caps off their first successful season in Sacramento with Wine by the River.
- Help Berryessa Brewing celebrate their 4th Anniversary with live music, food trucks and off course, lots of beer!