GOTG Friday Faves 10/7/16
By Danielle Ball
Every Friday, we share our favorite local/general and national/lady content from the previous week. This gives us a chance to dive into thought provoking pieces, as well as cheerlead our fave local bloggers.
Dig in, and get your read on!
PET CRUSH OF THE WEEK
This scruffy pupper is Braydan. He’s a fan of both kids and other dogs and loves hanging out at the dog park. He’s already wearing his team’s colors and he’s ready for an Orange October. Visit him at Sacramento SPCA.
- Guys…the clowns have reached Sacramento and I may have to move.
- That deal you got at Costco may have actually been too good to be true.
- Estonia has chosen their first female president. (via The Guardian)
- Solange released an album and you should definitely hear it.
- I think my father, the inventor of Toaster Strudel, would be pleased to hear WE’RE GETTING A MEAN GIRLS MUSICAL!!!
SUPPORT YOUR CITY
The Black and White Fur Ball is happening this weekend. The event will feature delicious food and drink, a silent auction, and local artist David Garibaldi.
Friday, October 7
- Start your weekend on the right foot by heading to the Turn Verein for an Oktoberfest celebration.
- Love zombies and night time bike rides, you’re in luck. BikeParty Sacramento is hosting The Riding Dead.
- Start ARTober off right with First Friday at Warehouse Artists Lofts.
- The 10th Annual Sacramento Horror Film Festival kicks off today at the Colonial Theater.
Saturday, October 8
- The River City Marketplace is back at Fremont Park. Get your holiday shopping done early with local vendors and the best crafts that Sacramento has to offer.
- Street Pub is back. The proceeds benefit Runnin’ for Rhett and the event is family friendly.
- 37th Annual Sacramento Take Back the Night.
Sunday, October 9