Friday Faves: Sept 30, 2016
By Danielle Ball
Every Friday, we share our favorite local/general and national/lady content from the previous week. This gives us a chance to dive into thought-provoking pieces, as well as cheerlead our fave local bloggers.
Dig in, and get your read on!
How can you resist this face?! This little doodle is named Dorothy. She’s a one-year-old pit bull mix who is wishing for a new home in time for trick or treating. Just imagine that face in a ladybug costume! Check out Front Street to adopt her.
- Sacramento is about to get serious about the meatless Monday trend (via Sacramento Bee)
- California has eliminated the statute of limitations for rape effective in 2017 (via Buzzfeed)
- Wells Fargo has been banned from doing business with the state amid fallout from accusations of shady business practices (via Sacramento Business Journal)
- Bike Dog Brewing Co. is expanding (via Beers in Sac)
- The results of the Women in the Workplace 2016 Study are in and the results are not great for women (via Wall Street Journal)
- Mark Zuckerberg and Priscilla Chan have pledged $3 billion dollars to end all disease over their daughter’s lifetime (via SunnySkyz.com)
- Have you ever wished that you could relive your memories in vivid detail? Or maybe you wished you were wearing a crown made of butterflies during your last date? Snapchat may have the solution for you. (via Brit + Co.)
Friday, September 30
- Head to Jackrabbit Brewing Company for a stein holding competition to kick off Octoberfest
Saturday, October 1
- GOTG’s very own Michelle Kennedy is signing copies of her book at Avid Reader today!
- If you like local music and mingling in the community, Sac Porchfest is the place to be today. The event runs from 2-7:30 and will feature local bands performing in the Boulevard Park neighborhood.
Sunday, October 2
- Today is the last day for the “Glass for the New Millennium” at the Crocker