GOTG Friday Faves: 9/16/16
By Danielle Ball
Every Friday, we share our favorite local/general and national/lady content from the previous week. This gives us a chance to dive into thought provoking pieces, as well as cheerlead our fave local bloggers.
Dig in, and get your read on!
PET CRUSH OF THE WEEK
This is Bubbles, a 3-year old Chihuahua. Likes; watching Bob’s Burgers, playing in the yard, daydreaming in sun spots. Dislikes; skunks, loud environments, prosciutto. Contact Front Street for more information.
- SN&R has some disappointing news about Sac State.
- If you’re a fan of corn on the cob and playing checkers at the dinner table, you’re about to get some great news.
- A local boy won this season of So You Think You Can Dance .
- “Shine Theory”: How Women are plugging the Gender Gap. (BBC)
- Kristen Bell Has The Cheap Labor Your Company Has Been Looking for: WOMEN! (Huffington Post)
- Teen Creates an App so Bullied Kids Never Have to Eat Alone Again! #GirlsInTech ! (NPR)
- The H.M.S. Terror has been found. History buffs are excited, TV execs are not.
- Your favorite Sister Wives have taken their case to the Supreme Court.
- Apparently Cosmo writes about more than diet tips and ways to please your man. The recent interview with Ivanka Trump is making headlines and it’s not because of what she says about penises.
- Move over Taylor Swift, 12 year old Grace VanderWaal has ALL the talent AND now a million Dollars. (CNN)
Friday, September 16
- Enjoy a meal at one of your favorite local eateries for Farm to Fork Restaurant Week.
- 2016 Legends of Wine is at the Capitol today.
- Grand Opening for Big Stump Brewing Co. in Midtown!
Saturday, September 17
- Join local changemakers at Tedx Sacramento.
- Paula Poundstone is visiting Sacramento for one night at the Crest Theatre.
- Slick Rick will also be in town.
- California Brewers Festival at Discovery Park!
Sunday, September 18