GOTG Friday Faves 8/26/16
By Danielle Ball
Every Friday, we share our favorite local/general and national/lady content from the previous week. This gives us a chance to dive into thought-provoking pieces, as well as cheerlead our fave local bloggers.
Dig in, and get your read on!
PET CRUSH OF THE WEEK
Have you heard that saying about Pearls being a girl’s best friend? This little lady is trying to make that a reality. She’s a mature Pit Bull Terrier whose smirk and gentle personality will win you over. Contact Front Street Shelter for more information.
- If you missed out on tickets to the Tower Bridge Dinner your dream of eating local food on a bridge isn’t completely over. Sac State has announced that they will host their own bridge dinner on September 14.
- Cowtown Eats has the lowdown on the Brewfest at Fairytale Town
- Important Bey news
- Astronomers have found a planet that could possibly maybe be inhabitable
- Here’s one more reason to update your iPhone this weekend
Friday, August 26
- Capitol Dance project presents Behind the Barre at the Crest Theater, tonight and tomorrow. 7:30pm
- Head to West Sacramento for Friday Nights at the Barn. There’ll be live music, food trucks, and plenty of things to keep you busy
- If your main complaint about bunco is that there aren’t enough hunks, you’re in for a treat! Hunko Bunco is happening today at Kupros. Plenty of eligible bachelors will be available to serve you, and the event benefits Saint John’s Program for Real Change
Saturday, August 27
- Join the Sactown Urban Dash with Girls on the Run
- The Sacramento Mural Festival culminates in ArtJam today. The party is designed to be an interactive experience celebrating from around the world
Sunday, August 28
- Today is the last day to see The Hunchback of Notre Dame at Wells Fargo Pavilion