GOTG Friday Faves August 19, 2016
By Danielle Ball
Every Friday, we share our favorite local/general and national/lady content from the previous week. This gives us a chance to dive into thought provoking pieces, as well as cheerlead our fave local bloggers.
Dig in, and get your read on!
PET CRUSH OF THE WEEK
This little jack rabbit is Wyatt, an eight year old Miniature Pinscher mix. He enjoys weekend strolls through the Midtown Farmer’s Market, brunch at Low Brau, and snuggles in his new forever home. Contact Front Street for more information.
- What did you do with your vacation? These kids got in a fight with a gang of otters at Shasta lake.
- Ashley Muir Bruhn of Hither & Tither shares her perfect day in Sacramento.
- Former GOTG Michelle Kennedy released her travel memoir, “Don’t Pee in the Wet Suit”.
- The Feds announced the end of private prisons.
- So….#lochtegate is apparently a thing and everyone is horrible.
- My favorite Amy released a book this week!
- This kid is living my dream.
Friday, August 19
- It’s superhero night at Raley Field!
- Bike in Movie: Jaws! – Ride your bike and head on down to Sacramento Hostel for a viewing of Jaws. Bonus: There is a raffle Hiiiyooo!
Saturday, August 20
- The Sacramento Mural Festival kicks off today and runs through 8/27!
- If you’re in need of some inspiration check out the inaugural Femwinism event. The event is designed to inspire women of all ages and will feature special guests, local vendors, and more!
- Bottle & Barlow Celebrates their 1 Year Anniversary Luau Style! Wear your tiki best and head on down for cocktails and a pig roast!
Sunday, August 21
- Oak Park Brewing Co. is celebrating the launch of their Rope Swing Cream Ale with a launch party. There’ll be music, food, and of course beer!