GOTG Friday Faves 8/12/16
By Danielle Ball
Every Friday, we share our favorite local/general and national/lady content from the previous week. This gives us a chance to dive into thought provoking pieces, as well as cheerlead our favorite local bloggers. We are also big proponents of #adoptdontshop – and want to help you find you your next best friend with our #petcrushoftheweek.
Dig in, and get your read on!
PET CRUSH OF THE WEEK:
This is Sadie. She’s a rare mix of Pit Bull Terrier and Chinese Sharpei. She’ll never tell you that you need botox (she likes wrinkles just fine thank you very much), and she’ll never judge when you’re eating your second McFlurry of the week. Visit Sadie at Front Street Shelter.
- A brand new eatery is opening in the state Capitol building.
- Cheetah is the New Black helps you pack your bags.
- Katie Did What shares her mom uniform.
- Best Friends For Frosting shares what helps her find balance.
- Although nothing can replace my beloved Thin Mints, these new Girl Scout cookies may come close.
- Your favorite felon is getting a cooking show on VH1 and Snoop Dogg will co-star.
- Honey, darlin’, and sweetie can now be considered harassment and may constitute professional misconduct in the courtroom.
Friday, August 12
- Now’s the time to brush up on your Italian and celebrate Ferragosto with the Moderno Italiano Festival.
- 10,000 Maniacs are playing at the Crest Theatre!
Saturday, August 13
- CMND SHFT is here to spark your creativity.
- Dance your heart out at Hot Prom while benefitting Capital Dance Project.
- If you love Marinara sauce, pizza, bruschetta, and fried green tomatoes the Woodland Tomato Festival is for you.
Sunday, August 14
- Sacramento Cocktail Week kicks off today!!!