GOTG Friday Faves 7/22/2016
By Danielle Ball
Friday Faves is our chance to share our favorite local/general and national/lady content from the previous week. This gives us a chance to dive into thought-provoking pieces, as well as cheerlead our fave local bloggers. Also, we are adoptive puppy pushers…well, animals in general really – so open your hearts and home and trust us to find you your next best friend.
PET CRUSH OF THE WEEK:
This sophisticated pupper is Abner. He’s a senior Corgi/Cardigan mix who enjoys long naps on the beach and spends the weekend clearing his DVR queue. Abner is in foster care, but is waiting on his permanent family to come pick him up. You can find more information here.
**BTW, Front Street is hosting a Clear the Shelters event on Saturday, July 23. To help local animals find their forever homes, the shelter is offering free adoptions! Check out their Facebook for more information! Also, a little doggy told me they’re having a Pokeparty.
- Local favorite Timber and Main is opening an online store and I can’t wait to buy all of the things!
- The Lipstick Giraffe shares her best packing tips.
- Best Friends For Frosting shows you how to make a cotton rose garland.
- Cheetah is the New Black hosted a dreamy backyard happy hour.
- Twitter has taken a huge step in banning harassment on the site
- For only the second time ever, Saudi Arabia has chosen four women to compete in the Olympics
- Melania Trump gave an inspiring speech at the GOP convention, but have we heard it all before? If you take life advice from flying unicorns , the answer is apparently yes.
Friday July 22
- If you need to unwind a bit, check out the Comedy Mashup at Sacramento Comedy Spot.
- The Joy Formidable plays at Harlow’s tonight. Doors 8pm, Show 9pm
Saturday July 23
- Did you know this was Sacratomato week? Whether you’ve been celebrating all week, or are just finding out now, round out your week with the Sacratomato Festival!
- The Yoga Seed Collective is hosting a Full Moon Meditation, 6-8pm.
- Hip Service brings the grooves to Fair Oaks blvd at Pavilions Summer Nights, 6-11pm.
Sunday July 24