Friday Faves 7/15/2016
By Danielle Ball
Every Friday, we share our favorite local/general and national/lady content from the previous week. This gives us a chance to dive into thought provoking pieces, as well as cheerlead our fave local bloggers.
Dig in, and get your read on!
PET CRUSH OF THE WEEK
This charming senior smile belongs to Everett, a Yorkshire Terrier being fostered through Front Street Shelter. Shelter staff believe him to be about 12 years old. He would love to live out his golden years cuddling and listening to your secrets. Check the Front Street website for more information.
- Approximately 600 people marched to the Capitol during a Black Lives Matter rally on Monday.
- ICTFD shared some thoughts on self reflection.
- Colour Me Classic shared the deets on a Lady Picnic.
- The Notorious RGB has some strong opinions about a certain presidential candidate.
- Pokemon Go launched this week and the game quickly amassed more daily users than Twitter. All over the country people are out walking, exploring their cities, and battling the tiny creatures. Small businesses are taking advantage of the trend to lure aspiring Pokemon trainers to their locations. Other people are using it to track cheating partners.
- Jennifer Aniston penned an essay for The Huffington Post that has us all nodding in agreement.
- Erykah Badu is donating a portion of concert proceeds to clear the rape kit backlog in Chicago.
Friday, July 15
- Sac Lady Fest is an all ages music festival happening today and tomorrow at Cafe Colonial.
- The California State Fair continues through the weekend. Did someone say wine slushies?
- Bike over to the Sacramento Hostel for a showing of the original Ghostbusters.
- The Sacramento Kings are hosting a Pokemon GO meet-up at Sleep Train Arena, 4-8pm.
Saturday, July 16
- Local fav The Rind is turning three!
- Today is the 43rd annual Eppie’s Great Race
- The Comedy Spot is hosting a 24 hour KARAOKE fundraiser. I repeat, 24 hours of Karaoke. 10:30PM Saturday to 10:30PM Sunday.
- The Sacramento Zoo is also hosting a Pokemon GO Day, 9AM – 4PM.
Sunday, July 17