Friday Faves – June 10, 2016
By Danielle Ball
Every Friday, we share our favorite local/general and national/lady content from the previous week. This gives us a chance to dive into thought provoking pieces, as well as cheerlead our fave local bloggers.
Dig in, and get your read on!
This little fashionista is Sophie. She’s a two year old Pit Bull Terrier mix who has already won the hearts of shelter staff and her foster family. She’s good with other dogs and loves to be around her people. Sophie is available at Front Street Shelter
- A flea in South Lake Tahoe has tested positive for plague
- Tragedy struck when a man fell into a hot spring on Tuesday
- A national outrage has been sparked after a convicted sex offender was sentenced to only three months in jail after attacking a woman in 2015
- Maria Sharapova has received a two year suspension as a result of a failed drug test
- Bumble broke up with one of their users after he harassed one of his matches
- The Federal Reserve has decided …to do nothing about interest rates
- Deshauna Barber was crowned Miss USA 2016 after a response defending women in combat
- John Oliver forgave nearly $15 million in medical debt this week. How can I get on this list?
Friday, June 10
- The Brewfest is back at Raley Field!
- Don’t heat up the house making dinner, head to McKinley Park for Food Truck Mania!
Saturday, June 11
- Pop into Ginger Elizabeth for an ice cream social to beat the heat
- Support a local artist and visit a local brewery for a printmaking demo
- I’ll be at Hook and Ladder for the Cocktail Academy today, buy tickets here
- Cap off the night at THIS Midtown for live music and plenty of people watching
- Grab your camera er….phone, City Scout is hosting an instameet at Lake Clementine!
- Pops in the Park, a local tradition is happening a Bertha Henshall Park – Grab a blanket for a picnic and family fun!
Sunday, June 12
- Walk off your hangover at the Sacramento Antique Faire and maybe find the perfect gift for Father’s Day
- If you’re looking for a little day drinking and brunch action, the grand opening of the Off the Grid: River Walk is today! Enjoy brunch, cocktails, and activities for the littles while working on your tan
- Love Bingo? AND Sausages? Sunday Funday just got a little longer at Low Brau with the “Wurst: Bingo Night in Sac”
- Sac City Rollers are having try outs today – Now is your chance to show them your roller skate skills