Sacramento Pride Festival 2016
The 32nd Annual Sacramento Pride Festival kicks off this Saturday – June 4th at Sacramento’s Capitol Mall 3rd-7th Street from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
More than 15,000 visitors are expected for the festival and parade, and the featured all-day live entertainment this year. We couldn’t be more excited – especially because our SMEBB 2010 winner Patrick Harbison will be an emcee at the parade! Check out our favorite things + Pro Tips for this weekend!
GOTG Top 12 Favorite Things about Pride 2016
1) Wilson Phillips is performing! Hold On. Nuff’ Said.
2) Free Bike Corral – makes getting to Pride 2016 super easy. Bring your own lock and transportation to and from the fest will be a breeze!
3)Sweet rainbow SacPride Snapchat filter to make selfies more vibrant, available exclusively at SacPride! Pull your phone out, log into your Snapchat account, and the free filter will be available.
4) The FREE parade! Start time is 11am and travels towards the Capitol along N St. between 3rd and 10th. Have fun cheering on the participants and floats from the sidelines!
5) Face Painting in the Kids Zone! Add a bounce house, bubbles, coloring and more and the kids are all set for a great time!
6) Bob the Drag Queen (Winner of Ru Paul’s Drag Race) is performing on the main stage at 4pm
7) ALL the Art – Talented artists in the Art Zone even has a special just for kids area.
8) The Food! We love our local food trucks and they will be there, along with tons of other food options.
9) The Dance Pavilion – Cut loose in your dancing shoes with dj’s spinning club, latin and the hottest hits in dance music.
10) ALL the outfits. This is your chance to wear all the colors in whatever combination you want!
11) Sober and Proud Tent. An excellent place to swing in, catch a meeting and meet new people if you are sober and proud.
12) Cheer Team demonstrations! Check out all those high kicks!
What did we miss?! Every year Sacramento Pride gets bigger and better. Let us know what you look forward to and how you celebrate!
Sacramento Pride 2016
- Capitol Mall, 11AM – 5PM
- Ticket price: $10, children 5-and-under free, available online or at gates. Proceeds benefit the Sacramento LGBT Community Center.
- More info or Festival tickets at www.SacramentoPride.org.