GOTG Friday Faves 5/13/16
By Danielle Ball
Every Friday, we share our favorite local/general and national/lady content from the previous week. This gives us a chance to dive into thought provoking pieces, as well as cheerlead our fave local bloggers. Dig in, and get your read on!
PET CRUSH OF THE WEEK
This little buttercup is Millie and she’s ready to live the good life. She’s a bit timid and would like someone who can hang out with her during the day, but who would want to leave that face anyway? Contact Front Street for more information. ( REMINDER: Front Street is FULL and adoption fees have been waived on all adult pups. Go in and find your new best friend today!)
- Sacramento Business Journal published a list of area doctors who are on probation. Is your doctor on the list?
- Sacramento felt the Bern on Monday at Bonney Field.
- A missing girl has been found safe in Tennessee after a major manhunt.
- Isis has launched an app.
- This week has seen a lot of buzz about bathrooms.
SUPPORT YOUR CITY
This Saturday, you’ll have an opportunity to do some good in the community whilst on a pub crawl. Crawl Blue is a tour of 10 Midtown pubs that have each agreed to donate $1 per beer to one of two local law enforcement memorial charities. Find more details here.
Friday, May 13th
- It’s a perfect day for some baseball with your Sacramento River Cats.
- Have you ever wanted to be a famous artist? Head to the Piñata Community Lab to create a masterpiece that will be displayed in a Pinata Exhibition in June.
Saturday, May 14th
- Animals and some of our favorite breweries and wineries? Head to Wine and Brew at the Zoo for one of the best weekend combinations.
- The Pacific Rim Street Fest is back!
- The River City Marketplace has everything you need to treat yourself to something pretty this weekend.
Sunday, May 15th
- It’s Rugby time! Support the team and learn what the heck a scrum is.