GOTG Friday Faves: April 1, 2016
By Danielle Ball
Every Friday, we share our favorite local/general and national/lady content from the previous week. This gives us a chance to dive into thought provoking pieces, as well as cheerlead our fave local bloggers.
Dig in, and get your read on!
PET CRUSH OF THE WEEK
Look at this majestic little puppy! This handsome fella is Murphy and he’s going to change your life. The way he tilts his little head will make you feel like he’s always listening, even when your stories are lame. Plus, he takes up almost no room, and his compact size makes him ideal to take on road trips. Reach out to our friends at Front Street for more information.
- The battle over minimum wage continued this week
- Seven people have died in Sacramento County after ingesting pills that they thought were painkillers
- Hopeful buyers lined up in Rocklin to reserve a Tesla Model 3
- Beyonce launched a clothing line and it’s amazing because of course it is
- The FDA released new guidelines to make access to the abortion pill easier
- While others were terrified, this man saw an Instagram moment in the making
Friday, April 1st
- A little bit off the grid, but I’ll be enjoying dinner with SactoMoFo.
- If you’re looking for a reason to drink, celebrate Bockbierfest with other local revelers. The festival celebrates the arrival of Bockbier and features Bavarian folk dancing and traditional German food.
- Also, Hellacapella sounds like a good time to me.
Saturday, April 2nd
- The Sacramento Healing Arts Festival begins today and features yoga, tarot lessons, belly dancing, and Reiki demonstrations.
- The Northern California Mustache and Beard Competition is today! I can’t wait to see all of those dapper faces!
Sunday, April 3rd
- Here’s your chance to finally try out for the roller derby team that will change your life No matter what life throws your way, you’ll know that you’re an undercover badass.
- Round out your weekend with Metalachi, literally the greatest metal band to ever live.