GOTG Friday Faves 03/25/16
By Danielle Ball
Every Friday, we share our favorite local/general and national/lady content from the previous week. This gives us a chance to dive into thought-provoking pieces, as well as cheerlead our fave local bloggers.
Dig into our Friday Faves, and get your read on!
PET CRUSH OF THE WEEK
This little muffin is Shorty and we’re pretty obsessed. He’s got the bed head look down and he makes an excellent wingman. He’s hanging out at the Sacramento SPCA just waiting for you to pick him up! #PetsOfSac
- Old Soul is opening a location in Capitol Mall.
- HBO aired a special that contains new allegations against Mayor Johnson.
- The Huffington Post showed the world how special our new arena really is.
- ICTFD talks about Choices.
- The Lipstick Giraffe talks you through the statement jacket.
- Pope Francis joined Instagram and he definitely has more followers than you.
- The Republican presidential race is getting nasty as Trump and Cruz each defend their wives against the other candidate.
- North Carolina disappointed everyone by signing an anti LGBT bill into law.
Friday March 25
- Stop by Urban Hive’s Final Friday to pick up some goodies from local artists. Maybe a treat for Easter or something for yourself? Personally, I have this Gold Eye Ring from Ryan Morris Art on my wish list.
- Add some culture to your life at the Sacramento Ballet’s production of Bach to Now and Beyond.
Saturday March 26
- Check out the grand opening of the new Temple Coffee in Midtown (22 and K). I’ve heard their penny floor is on point.
- Did you know there’s a world famous rose garden right in Sacramento? Spend time with some of the volunteers who have cultivated the garden and tour the oldest existing cemetery in Sacramento.
Sunday March 27
- Catch Frightened Rabbit at Harlow’s.