GOTG Friday Faves: February 26, 2016
By Danielle Ball
Friday Faves is our chance to share our favorite local/general and national/lady content from the previous week. This gives us a chance to dive into thought-provoking pieces, as well as cheerlead our fave local bloggers. Also, we are adoptive puppy pushers…well, animals in general really – so open your hearts and home and trust us to find you your next best friend.
PET CRUSH OF THE WEEK:
This little princes is Molly and she’s waiting for you at Front Street Shelter. Those ears are ready to listen to all of your stories and she’ll even walk you to brunch on the weekends.m
- Local venue Ace of Spades was purchased by Live Nation. This could open the door to more high profile performances and possibly a second, larger location.
- The Bourbon Babes were profiled in the Sac Bee.
- The ladies of Political Solutions are thriving in their male dominated industry. (Profile by Laurel Rosenhall in Calmatters.)
- Facebook really wants you to like them.
- Ke$ha’s legal case against producer Dr. Luke generated a lot of interest this week.
- Sony has finally responded to the controversy. Their response is disappointing to say the least. Luckily we have Adele to set an example.
SUPPORT YOUR CITY
Join Front Street shelter at the grand opening of their new adoption center at Petco on Arden. This new location will allow them to find homes for even more animals this year! Event information is here.
Friday, February 26th
- Sacramento Beer Week kicked off yesterday with the Brewer’s Showcase, but the events continue all weekend.
- If you’re abstaining this weekend, the North American Handmade Bicycle Show is at the Sacramento Convention Center this weekend.
Saturday, February 27th
- Sacramento Fashion Week also has a full schedule of events.
- If there’s someone that you’ve always imagined in their skivvies, make you dreams a reality by inviting them to the Sacramento Undy Run.
Sunday, February 28th
- Find your next treasure at the Outdoor Picker’s Market