Kick-Off: #SMEBB 2016
WHAT TIME IS IT?!?! It’s time for the 7th Annual Sacramento’s Most Eligible Bachelor/Bachelorette (#SMEBB) contest!!!
Submit your nominees to girlsonthegrid(AT)gmail.com. We need the following information:
- Reason for nomination (3-4 sentences)
- Nominee’s cell/email
Competition is fierce – we received over 100 nominations last year – so please be direct and concise. All nominations are anonymous, and we contact them to ensure they’re down to party with us and are available for the mixer and finale party (mandatory). Deadline to nominate is 5:00pm(PT) on Thursday, 2/18.
For those of you new to town, #SMEBB is the opposite of a meat market. It’s a light-hearted event designed to raise $$ for an amazing cause (see more info on WEAVE below). We’re looking for diverse nominees aged 25-45 that have legitimate careers, know how to have fun and enjoy meeting new people. We count eight marriages and over a dozen healthy/productive relationships under our #SMEBB belt. Check out our past contests:
- 2015 Party Pictures (Vanguard and Social)
- 2015 Nominees
- 2014 Party Pictures (The Mix)
- 2014 Nominees
- 2013 Party Pictures (Marilyn’s on K)
- 2013 Nominees
- 2012 Party Pictures (District 30)
- 2012 Nominees
- 2011 Party Pictures (Lounge on 20)
- 2011 Nominees
- 2010 Party Pictures (Lounge on 20)
- 2010 Nominees
#SMEBB 2016 Schedule!
- Thursday, February 18 – #SMEBB nomination deadline.
- Thursday, February 25 – #SMEBB Nominees Announced at GirlsOnTheGrid.com – Online Voting Starts. Don’t even think about developing some fancy algorithm to rig the contest – you will get disqualified.
- Thursday, March 3 – #SMEBB Mixer at Blue Cue (1004 28th Street). Can’t decide who to vote for? Come out and meet the nominees! ($10-come as you are) (RSVP) (Tickets)
- Weds, March 9 at 6:00pmPT – Online Voting Ends.
- Thursday, March 10 – #SMEBB Finale Party at Social (1000 K Street). Winners announced, relationships are forged and things. get. weird. ($20/per-cocktail attire suggested) (RSVP) (Tickets)
Every single $$$ goes directly to WEAVE!
Party With A Purpose: WEAVE
We “party with a purpose” and are partnering again (for the 7th year in a row!) with WEAVE (Facebook,Twitter), which is the primary provider of crisis intervention services for survivors of domestic violence and sexual assault in Sacramento County. Through its involvement in the Rescue & Restore Coalition, WEAVE also provides outreach and services for international and domestic victims of human trafficking.
100% of the money raised from #SMEBB 2016 will go directly to WEAVE. That’s right. Every single dollar will benefit WEAVE’s annual “Walk A Mile In Her Shoes” event, which features over 600 local men wearing RED high heels to raise awareness and funds against domestic violence and sexual assault. We raised over $11,000 in 2015, and our goal for 2016 is $15,000. So throw on your sassiest red dress and come out to support a great cause!