GOTG Friday Faves 2/12/16
By Brianna Nathan
Friday Faves is our chance to share our favorite local/general and national/lady content from the previous week. This gives us a chance to dive into thought provoking pieces, as well as cheerlead our fave local bloggers. Also, we are adoptive puppy pushers…well, animals in general really – so open your hearts and home and trust us to find you your next best friend!
PET CRUSH OF THE WEEK:
Let five-month old Austin steal your heart this Valentine’s day weekend. He’s available at Front Street Animal Shelter.
- Next time you think you’re too bleary-eyed to stumble to the local coffee shop, consider the distance Jason Greist of Old Soul and chef Patrick Mulvaney will travel for the perfect bean (spoiler alert: 3,000 miles!).
- Do we need another brewery in Midtown? YES, OBVI. Cue Fieldwork Brewing Co.
- In honor of Valentine’s day and kissing a lot of frogs before you find your prince, we asked our readers to submit their bad date stories, the response was HILARIOUS.
- Alex Morgan is a badass. Here’s more proof.
- Are you a Belieber? Either way, this celeb-filled dramatic reading of his hit, Sorry, will brighten your day.
- Misty Copeland + Degas = the gorgeous pairing we never knew we needed.
Friday, February 12
- The 66th Sacramento Autorama kicks off today! Stop by Cal Expo any time this weekend to check out more than 500 custom cars, hot rods, classics, motorcycles and specialty vehicles from across the nation. This year’s theme? Nifty 50’s.
Saturday, February 13
- Today is the last day for Art Hotel – get over there, or face epic #fomo. First Sac Republic friendly at Bonney Field! Grab your friends and practice your chanting skills before the season officially starts.
Sunday, February 14