GOTG Friday Faves: January 22, 2016
By The Editors
Friday Faves is our chance to share our favorite local/general and national/lady content from the previous week. This gives us a chance to dive into thought-provoking pieces, as well as cheerlead our fave local bloggers. Also, we are adoptive puppy pushers…well, animals in general really – so open your hearts and home and trust us to find you your next best friend
PET CRUSH OF THE WEEK:
Good Morning my name is Gooty Ace. I answer to “Ace” but I always thought “Gooty” had a nice ring too. I have fabulous eyebrows and a shiny coat and fancy myself as a gentleman. I walk well on a leash and won’t pull your arm out of socket, I also know my fair share of english – “come, wait, sit, down, shake and stay” are all commands I am capable of understanding. If you are looking for easy going walks and a good game of fetch I could be your fella. Currently I am residing at the Sacramento SPCA and my schedule is open for visitors!
- You are a Wonderful Mother. It’s true Coffee & Crumbs, says so!
- The Kitchen isn’t moving to Broadway but…Sellands is ?!? YUM! (Sacramento Business Journal)
- This blog almost makes us want to be vegetarian. Grilled Cheese with Balsamic Onions – YES PLEASE (Naturally Ella)
To Protect Against Zika Virus, Pregnant Women Are Warned About Latin American Trips (New York Times)
- The fourth, not so popular Jonas is moving in on the South and Northeast, and we’re so not jealous… (New York Times)
- Gas prices are hitting a 13-year low causing one gas station in Michigan to try to outdo the competition by dropping their prices to 47 cents a gallon! (ABC News)
Friday, August 22nd
- Grab your 80’s best! Tainted Love is playing tonight AND Saturday at Harlow’s for maximum 80’s awesomeness.
Saturday, August 23rd
- Ever want to be an extra in a film? What about a dance scene?! Click HERE – You are needed.
- PubCrawl. Now that we have your attention – it’s for charity! Check out the details.
Sunday, August 24th
- Love the Kings AND Yoga?! So does the Yoga Seed Collective. Join them for yoga on the court. BONUS! You get a free Kings Yoga mat and get to do downward dog next to Slamson, Kings Dancers and players!