GOTG's Friday Faves: 1/8/2016
Every Friday, GOTG presents Friday Faves – favorite local/general and national/lady content from the week. This gives us a chance to dive into thought provoking pieces, as well as cheerlead our fave local bloggers. Also, we are adoptive puppy pushers…well, animals in general really – so open your hearts and home and trust us to find you your next best friend.
PET CRUSH OF THE WEEK:
Hey, Hey my name is Frankie. I have been hanging out at the Front Street Shelter since Dec. 16th. It’s not a bad place, I have met some cool cats and some fellas from the streets that are all real nice. I wouldn’t mind being here but I would really like to get back to watching some football on Monday nights. Nothing is better than a couch with the game on and a pal to scratch my head. I will make you a deal – I will try very hard not to bark at the mail man and I will always let you hold the remote if you make me your football buddy. Deal?!
- The Business Journal just picked the new female CEO of Sutter as their Executive to watch in 2016.
- Dine Downtown is happening NOW! Check out the details we posted earlier this week.
- Want to know more about Angelique Ashby? Sac News & Review interviews the City Councilmember that wants to be our next Mayor.
- Instead of calling a human being an “it,” you can call them… Renegade Mothering your writing always gets us.
- Anonymous released a video threatening to take action against the City of Sacramento if they don’t lift the anti-camping ban aimed at our city’s homeless population.
- President Obama gave an emotional speech and discussed gun control
- Coachella & Bottle Rock Tickets are on sale officially this week!
- Feeling stressed out ladies? It could be the Pay Gap thats got you feeling anxious
- Emma Watson has a Feminist Book Club and her fans named it!
Friday, Dec 8th
- Caught up on Netflix and want to get out of the house but not actually talk to anyone? This 80’s movie is on the big screen is perfect for a January Friday night.
Saturday, Dec 9th
- Verge Center for the Arts “do it” Opening Party .From 6:15 – 8 pm Check out the performances. Verge never disappoints
- Chuck Ragan is playing at Harlow’s. If you like a guitar and soulful songs this guy is your man!
- WAL: Second Chance Art Show – Artwork from the 1950’s-1980’s on display and available for purchase
Sunday, Dec 10th
- The Sacramento Antique Faire is in town again.