GOTG Friday Faves: 12/18/2015
By Danielle Ball & Lisa Murphy
Every Friday, GOTG presents Friday Faves – favorite local/general and national/lady content from the week. This gives us a chance to dive into thought provoking pieces, as well as cheerlead our fave local bloggers. Also, we are adoptive puppy pushers…well, animals in general really – so open your hearts and home and trust us to find you your next best friend.
PET CRUSH OF THE WEEK
Kitties need a warm home for the holidays too. Meet Nikki a spayed female, brown tabby and orange Domestic Medium haired beauty. She’s cuddly, soft, sweet and available at Front Street Animal Shelter. Bring her home and have a Meowy Christmas.
- The Sacramento Metro Chamber announced its annual awardees, including our friend Tre Borden who will be honored as Young Professional of the Year at the January 29 awards event. (Via Sac Biz Journal)
- The Sacramento City Council approved additional funds to add a new performance complex to the B Street Theatre. (Via Sacbee)
- The Sacramento Kings are partnering with Comcast Business to make the Golden 1 Center the most connected arena in the world, with super fast internet. (Via Sac Biz Journal)
- Renegade Mothering tells how she deals with daily stressors and it sounds pretty good to me.
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens was released and is already breaking box office records, surpassing Jurassic Park.
- Tickets for Adele’s North American tour went on sale this week and sold out almost immediately. (We hit refresh 1,000 times…)
- Bei-Bei the Panda cub made his debut at the Smithsonian National Zoo, but he would rather take a nap.
- What goes around comes around. Noted Scrooge Martin Shkreli (a.k.a. the Pharma CEO who raised the price of an HIV drug 5000% just because he could) was arrested in New York this week.
Friday, December 18th
- Raley Field will host its first ever hockey game. The Golden State Hockey Rush will feature the Stockton Heat VS the Bakersfield Condors at 7:30PM.
- Wild Nights & Holiday Lights at the Folsom Zoo. 5-8PM.
- Homegirl presents a FREE 90’s Dance Party at Dive Bar. 9:30PM
Saturday, December 19th
- Sac News & Reviews hosts the Second Annual Santa Crawl, 1-5PM. Starting at 7 & K.
- La Pastorela de Sactown: A Bilingual Holiday Musical presented by the Latino Center for Arts & Culture. Crest Theater 8PM (doors open at 7pm)
- If you’ve been looking for a reason to break out your best clothes, this fancy pub crawl is it.
Sunday, December 20th