GOTG Friday Faves – 12/11/15
By Brianna Nathan
Every Friday, we share our favorite local/general and national/lady content from the previous week. This gives us a chance to dive into thought provoking pieces, as well as cheerlead our fave local bloggers. Also, we are adoptive puppy pushers…well, animals in general really – so open your hearts and home and trust us to find you your next best friend. We take our jobs seriously.
PET CRUSH OF THE WEEK
Need a holiday party date? This little lady is dressed to the nines and ready to go. Head on over to Front Street Animal Shelter to see if Spice is your new best friend… and yes, she’s sugar, spice and everything nice!
- Wondering what beer to pair with your favorite holiday treats? Beers in Sac has figured it all out.
- Need new dining options? Sacramento Business Journal has the scoop on two just-opened eateries.
- City Scout helps out with your holiday shopping.
- Need a gift for the foodie in your life? The Seen Mag has you covered.
- Babesicle rounds up her favorite female content creators.
- Glassdoor has released the 2016 edition of Best Places to Work – did your job make the cut? If not, here’s where you should be applying.
- Did you hear about POTUS’ favorite song of the year?
- Ronda Rousey opens up about being ambitious and taking a hit.
- An anonymous angel in Boston is tying scarves and gloves to trees for those in need – easier to access than a donation center. Talk about some Christmas cheer!
Friday, December 4th
Help Federalist Public House celebrate its 1 year anniversary by joining in their 3-day party this weekend! Today kicks off the festivities, with happy hour all day long.
Grab your friends and head to Blue Lamp for Rock for Tots – bring a toy and you’ll be entered into the raffle featuring prizes from local vendors like Lowbrau and GettaClue.
Saturday, December 5th
Support local artists at 10 under 100, hosted by WAL Public Market. 10 participating artists will offer pieces under $100, all of which you can home with you that day! The artwork will be on view Dec. 11 – Jan. 7.
Today is a perfect day to check out the holiday magic at the Sacramento Zoo – bring a non-perishable food item and receive $1 off of your admission!
Sunday, December 6th
Feel like venturing off the grid? Twenty minutes away you’ll find the Old Sugar Mill, where you can enjoy 11 indoor and outdoor wineries plus food trucks!
Bundle up the kids and head to Old Sac, where you can sip hot chocolate and watch the Theatre of Lights.