GOTG Friday Faves 11/20/2015
By Chantel Elder
Every Friday, we share our favorite local/general and national/lady content from the previous week. This gives us a chance to dive into thought-provoking pieces, as well as cheerlead our fave local bloggers. Dig in, and get your read on with our Friday Faves!
PET CRUSH OF THE WEEK
Harrina is a good time gal looking to party. Her favorite Holiday is Thanksgiving and napping on a couch after downing a holiday feast to the sound of football on the TV is her idea of a good time. *Bonus she will root for the underdog with you, unless you really care about football and then she will be a loyal fan to whatever team you want. She is currently located at the Sacramento SPCA .
- Coffee + Crumbs latest blog about parenthood. These Mama’s can write and it is sure to give you all the feels. Dig on through we promise one of their posts will put a lump in your throat.
- Wearing a blanket never looked so good! The Lipstick Giraffe
- An increase in parking meters in Sacramento is yet another reason to Bike everywhere. Sacramento Bee
- Capitol Courting had date ideas for the weekend – A Prince Cover bad or a trip to Auburn for the Mountain Mandarin Festival. Check it.
- What are “Finstagrams” exactly? A fake account for your real life you say?…that also seems like work. Read more about this HERE in the New York Times.
- This blog Paris in Four Months is full of beautiful photos of such a fashionable, light and stunning city.
- Charlie Sheen has some no bueno news about his health.
Friday November 20
- Region Rising conference -Collaborate, mix and mingle with like-minded Sacramentans that love our city and want to be a part of future happenings.
- Justin Beiber is coming to Sacramento and tickets are on sale today for those of you that missed presale. Now you can nab those tickets for…ahem…your little sister.
Saturday November 21
- Sacramento’s only all-female improv troupe uses true stories from the audience and cast members to create a long-form improv show with smart humor, unexpected characters, and guaranteed laughs at The Comedy Spot. 8 pm
- Drive by and drop off a fresh or frozen turkey to Sacramento Food Bank and Family Services and help make sure thousands of families in need are able to enjoy a holiday meal this Thanksgiving.
Sunday November 22
- Relax. Do you today, if that means a day in comfy clothes watching Netflix get after it. You could also go shopping for all the Thanksgiving ingrediants so you are ready for the holiday next week…or not.