20 Things TO DO this November in Sacramento
By The Editors
So October basically felt like summer, but we’re super hopeful that November is THE month we can finally start wearing scarves, riding boots and puffy vests (ala Hans Solo).
Either way, here’s GOTG’s top 20 things to do this November in Sacramento – get out and play!
- Nov 5: Matisyahu is coming to Sacramento! Tickets on sale now for the Crest Theatre in downtown Sacramento.
- Nov 6-15: Grab the kiddos and get in the holiday spirit with Elf: The Musical at the Community Center Theater.
- Nov 7: Throw on your cutest pink (PINC!) attire to help raise money for the Sacramento Children’s Home Crisis Nursery.
- Nov 9: Run the Clarksburg Country Run and stop at the Old Sugar Mill for a well-deserved post-half marathon treat!
- Nov 12: Don’t miss the Best of Sacramento Party, benefiting March of Dimes at the Sacramento Convention Center, 5:30PM. Tickets are $80 for general admission. Include live music, dancing, food and drink from over 125 regional favorites and giveaways throughout the evening.
- Nov 14: Second Saturday is still hopping at the Sac Ballet. Stop by Sacramento Ballet’s midtown studio to see excerpts of Ron Cunningham’s The Nutcracker. This event is free to the public, but space is limited. Reserve your spot and donate here.
- Nov 17: Head to LowBrau for Metro Edge’s monthly mixer series. This month is all about playing a questions game designed for networking and collaborating.
- Nov 20: Join the inaugural “Region Rising” event and listen to community leaders/experts discuss our region’s future…and how we can all be part of the process. GOTG promo code: GotgRising
- Nov 21: Looking to invest in local art? Hit up Verge Center for the Arts’ auction with dozens of participating Sacramento artists.
- Nov 26: Get in a little exercise before the big family feast by helping Run to Feed the Hungry in the largest Thanksgiving Day run in the country! The race takes place Thanksgiving morning 8:15 am for the 10k and 9:00 am for the 5K. All proceeds benefit the Sacramento Food Bank & Family Services.
- Nov 27: Fairytale town is hosting their annual Free Admission Day. Simply bring a canned food donation for the Sacramento Food Bank and Family Services. They’ll also provide free arts/crafts and puppet show.
- Nov 28: Small Business Saturday– We all have our favorite shops, stylists and watering holes. Ditch Black Friday and shop local. The money you spend stays in the community. Let’s support our neighbors and shop small.
- Help 33-year-old midtown bartender Joe Stanley pay for bills associated with his brain tumor by contributing to his GoFundMe. Wishing you all the best Joe!
- Buy at least one gift every paycheck in prep of the holiday season starting now. It just makes everything more enjoyable come December.
- Encourage the favorite man in your life to let his facial hair grow for Movember, starting November 1.
- Hunt for Fall accessories at local thrift stores – TRUE (Totally Recycled Urban Exchange), WEAVE’s new midtown shop just opened so swing in and show them some love while hunting for a new scarf.
- Hit the road for a quaint day trip to Apple Hill – or really anywhere in Placerville.
- And while you’re at it, November is a beautiful month to visit the wine country of Amador – less than an hour’s drive from the grid! Travel tips here and here.
- Organize a group of family, friends and colleagues to GIVE BACK. Check out some of GOTG’s favorite local non-profits here and here!
- Need fresh new ideas for your Thanksgiving dinner? Check out our favorite recipes here.