Visions of Eden : The best little gift shop in Old Sac
By Kellie Conway Edson
It seems a million years ago that I was working at Visions of Eden. (Okay really it was probably 6 or 7) One of my many part-time jobs throughout college, I worked at this adorable long-standing gift shop in Old Sacramento for a couple years.
Visions of Eden is owned by Donna Tielsch, who also owns the tango studio upstairs, and just celebrated 18 years in business a few months ago. One of my dearest friends, Marcie, is now the acting manager of the store. In case your wondering where in Old Sac it is, it’s near the corner that the Wells Fargo Museum is on J (Not the same street as Evangeline’s – since I know most people base everything down there off of where Evangeline’s is)
I hadn’t been in a while, so I decided to swing by to research this post and see what fun stuff they were stocking these days. Here are the top 5 things I found. Perfect for all upcoming holidays, birthdays, graduations, and all those spring baby showers you were invited to.
1) Pre´ de Provence European Soaps! I can’t say enough good things about these soaps! They are SO much better than regular soaps and lather up much better than any body wash. There’s a huge array of smells to choose from and even different sizes and gift sets. My favorites are the starflower and pineapple. Highly, highly recommend. You won’t go back to regular soap after using these.
2) This Adorable Baby Dress (and all of their baby line) I so wish this dress was in Clare’s size! The Vision’s baby line runs from 0-12 months, and my little girl has sadly outgrown it. I love, love, love this pink flowered dress. It has matching bloomers and is SO adorable! Also, Clare rocking another one of Vision’s dresses that Marcie gifted her a few months back.
3) Rose Gold Jewelry – I really have been getting into rose gold lately. I like that it’s unique and different than silver and regular gold. Look at that necklace in the middle, so gorgeous. Perfect for a girlfriend or for your mom!
4) Summer Hats – I love the ones with the bows! Since we are officially in summer heat here in Sac, these are a must have.
5) Dream Catcher Jars – These iridescent rainbow jars come in all kinds of sizes, but I particularly liked the larger ones as a fun funky piece to add to your décor. They even could be pretty on an outdoor table this summer. I’m barely scratching the surface here, Visions has so many awesome little finds, from summer dresses and scarves to quirky coffee mugs, Sacramento embellished clothing and accessories and lots of outdoor décor and other jewelry. They even have a few sections of sports themed items as well. (Father’s day is coming up too, ladies!) Visions of Eden is generously offering Girls on the Grid readers 10% off from now until the end of June. Just mention Girls on the Grid when you visit. Not only will you find great gifts, but you will be supporting local businesses and local women. Which are two of our favorite things here at Girls on the Grid.