Makeup Contouring for Professionals
From private tastings at the Rind to sip/paint parties at the Painted Cork, we love to organize get-togethers for our writers and readers. It’s a great chance to catch up, meet new friends and learn something new…as well as promote small businesses. 🙂
A few of the Girls on the Grid writers got together for a lesson in “Contouring for Professionals” from Ashley. She gave us some quick tips on a simple everyday look that can take you from the board room to happy hour looking fresh-faced and fabulous. Here’s what we learned:
The class wasn’t focused solely on contouring – Ashley was dropping eggs of knowledge all over the place:
- The trick to contouring with bronzer (matte bronzer is recommended) is to draw a three from the center of your forehead, moving down just under the cheekbone, and finishing the 3 shape on your jawline. Mirror the shape on both sides of your face.
- Use a concealer, foundation or pressed powder (Ashley prefers pressed powder for a less cakey look) to highlight under the eyes, down the center of your nose, a small triangle between the brows and an oval shape on the chin and blend, blend blend!
- Need some contouring to shape your nose? Draw lightly from the inside of the eyebrow down with your bronzer and blend. A little goes a long way.
- When you’re choosing the right lighter shade avoid sparkles, gold and anything with zinc – it’s reflective and it’ll do the opposite of what you’re aiming for.
- NYX is a super affordable make-up line that really holds up.
- The beauty blender is actually worth splurging on and works way better than a standard makeup sponge.
Big caveat here – Braden took the pictures and isn’t a professional. The before’s had natural light, the after’s didn’t. That all being said, the results were amazing – especially after Ashley fixed our own attempts at following her contouring tricks. 🙂
As you can see, the finished looks are subtle but can really make over you daily makeup routine. For more information on Ashley Trace and the services she provides, visit her website: https://www.vagaro.com/EstheticsbyAshley/
ASHLEY’S FAVORITE PRODUCTS