Kick-Off: #SMEBB 2015
It’s early March, which can only mean one thing … It’s time for our 6th Annual Sacramento’s Most Eligible Bachelor/Bachelorette (#SMEBB) contest!!!
Submit your nominees to firstname.lastname@example.org. We need the following information:
- Reason for nomination (4-5 sentences)
- Nominee’s cell/email
Competition is fierce – we received over 80 nominations last year – so be direct and concise. All nominations are anonymous, but we do contact them to ensure they’re down to party with us and are available for the mixer and finale party. Deadline to nominate is Friday, March 13.
We’re looking for diverse nominees aged 25-45 that have legitimate careers, know how to have fun and enjoy meeting new people. We count six marriages and nearly a dozen healthy/productive relationships under our #SMEBB belt. Check out our past contests:
- 2014 Party Pictures (The Mix)
- 2014 Nominees
- 2013 Party Pictures (Marilyn’s on K)
- 2013 Nominees
- 2012 Party Pictures (District 30)
- 2012 Nominees
- 2011 Exit Interview: Eric Dietz
- 2011 Party Pictures (Lounge on 20)
- 2011 Nominees
- 2010 Exit Interview: Patrick Harbison (#SMEBB’s very own Kelly Clarkson)
- 2010 Party Pictures (Lounge on 20)
- 2010 Nominees
#SMEBB 2015 Schedule!
- Friday, March 13- #SMEBB nomination deadline.
- Weds, March 18 – #SMEBB Nominees Announced – Online Voting Starts. Don’t even think about developing some fancy algorithm to rig the contest – you will get disqualified.
- Thursday, April 2 – #SMEBB Mixer at Pour House (1910 Q Street). Can’t decide who to vote for? Come out and meet the nominees! RSVP HERE. (Free-come as you are)
- Weds, April 8 at 6pm – Online Voting Ends.
- Thursday, April 9 – #SMEBB Finale Party at Vanguard (1415L Street). Winners announced, relationships are forged and things. get. weird. RSVP HERE.
This year, we’re charging a $10 minimum donation to the finale party. Every single dollar goes directly to WEAVE, and you can purchase tickets here. Cocktail attire is suggested, red dresses are encouraged.
Party With A Purpose: WEAVE
We “party with a purpose” and are partnering again (for the 6th year in a row!) with WEAVE (Facebook,Twitter), which is the primary provider of crisis intervention services for survivors of domestic violence and sexual assault in Sacramento County. Through its involvement in the Rescue & Restore Coalition, WEAVE also provides outreach and services for international and domestic victims of human trafficking.
100% of the money raised from #SMEBB 2015 will go directly to WEAVE. That’s right. Every single dollar will benefit WEAVE’s annual “Walk A Mile In Her Shoes” event, which features over 600 local men (this year’s goal is 1000) wearing RED high heels to raise awareness and funds against domestic violence and sexual assault. So throw on your sassiest red dress and come out to support a great cause!