Top 10 Reasons We're Excited for TBD NYE
By The Editors
Ever since the epicness that was TBD Fest in October, we’ve been having TBD withdrawals. Thank God we don’t have to wait a full year to get our TBD fix because Launch Events is hosting what’s expected to be the biggest party of the year, to close out 2014. The TBD NYE Block Party featuring A-trak is the place to be this New Year’s Eve. Here are the top 10 reasons we are stoked to ring in 2015 at TBD.
2) The Drinks and Eats – We’ll sip on beverages and enjoy tasty local treats from TBD NYE co-sponsors Low Brau Bierhall and Block Butcher Bar.
3) The Local Vibe – When you celebrate local you support local businesses and artists. We can’t think of a better way to close out such an incredible year for all things local in Sacramento.
4) The Bike Valet – Sacramento Area Bicycle Advocates is providing a Free Bike Valet! The valet will be located in a parking lot at the event entrance on J Street and 20th.
5) Sleeping in our own beds – TBD NYE is located at 20th and J (at the Marrs building), so fortunately for most this event is a short walk, bike ride, or Uber/Lyft away. No reason to make the trek to San Francisco or Tahoe this year, the party is in our own back yard!
TBD provided this map/schedule to help you find your way around:
6) The Swag – TBD T-Shirts will be available for purchase by cash/credit, $12 each or 2 for $20. Available in black or grey, these crew neck tees have the TBD logo on the front and festival line up on the back. Women’s sizes small to large are available and men’s medium to extra large.
The Find, Getta Clue, Goodstock, and Official are also event sponsors and will have items available for purchase.
7) The VIP Lounge – For those of you who went all in and purchased the VIP package, you’ll enjoy a private lounge at Block Butcher Bar and a VIP experience at the Getta Clue + Official Annex (located in Getta Clue’s new store location in the MARRS building). This will feature a private bar, lounge area and sounds for VIP guests only.
8) The People Watching – TBD Fest in October provided some excellent people watching, fun festival attire and shenanigans galore. Being that its NYE we expect nothing less from TBD NYE attendees.
9) The Weather… Okay, that’s a lie. We’re not looking forward to tonight’s forecast. It’s supposed to be pretty chilly with a low of 32, so be sure to wear layers. But not to worry, you will work up a sweat on the dance floor and TBD NYE is sold out so there will be plenty of body heat from the crowd to keep you warm (oh yeah, that got a little weird).
10) The Afterparty – Requiem events is hosting the Official TBD After Party just two blocks away at Midtown Barfly – 1119 21st St featuring TBD NYE artist Oliver.
More about Launch Events:
Launch began in 2007 at the Greens Hotel in Sacramento, CA. By 2012, the one-day “art party” had evolved into a city-wide, multi-day music festival with performances by Chromeo, DJ Shadow, Grouplove, Future Islands and more. In 2013, the headliners included Imagine Dragons, Blonde Redhead, Girl Talk, Washed Out, St. Lucia and others. In 2014, Launch changed its name to TBD Fest to embrace the ever-evolving nature of the event and to better reflect the exciting and yet to be determined future.