Get out and VOTE!
By Kearsten Shepherd
I know that we all get tired of the endless television ads and mailers that come this time of year, but we shouldn’t lose sight of the fact that we are truly lucky to live in a democracy. Each of us gets the chance to weigh in on candidates, propositions, and measures that will impact our lives – and that’s a great thing! Don’t waste it!
Here is some information and useful links to help you Get out and Vote!
- As long as you are registered to vote in California, you are eligible to cast a ballot.
- Even if you are not on the roll sheet at your polling place, you can cast a provisional ballot.
- Don’t know where your polling place is? Click here to find out.
- State law requires employers to provide employees with time off of work to vote if they do not have sufficient time to vote outside of their working hours. Find out more here.
- Polling places are open from 7:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
- In most cases identification is not needed in order to vote.
- Not sure what’s on the ballot? Get educated! Click here to read the Official Voter Information Guide.
- Still have questions? Visit the California Secretary of State’s website at www.sos.gov.
We hope you all get out and vote today! Tweet us, tag us, or shoot us a photo of your “I voted” sticker! We’d love to see how each of you rocked the vote this year!