GOTG Wedding Wednesday: “Who, What & Wear: Wedding Season”
By: Paola Baluyot
Spring has sprung and wedding season is in full swing. As a guest you always want to look your very best, but sometimes finding the right ensemble can be difficult and downright stressful. With each wedding style comes different rules of fashion, so we have assembled the most popular along with some helpful tips to set you off on the right direction:
While “formal” can either be White or Black Tie, the latter is often assumed. No need to bust out that Scarlett O’Hara dress, but do opt for something floor-length and sophisticated. Think Naomi Watts at the 2014 Oscar. Don’t be afraid of color especially if it compliments your eyes or that new spray tan.
- Eloise Crepe Maxi Dress, $110.00
- Top Shop Cape Back Maxi Dress, $116.00
- Loren Maxi Dress, $210.00
- Halston-Heritage crepe-jersey gown, $223.00
The trickiest and the most common. What is nice about a semi-formal wedding is that there is room to be more creative, so take advantage of it! Wear that fun cocktail dress and killer heels or your favorite tried and true Little Black Dress. Either way, you’ll be glad you wore something cute at the open bar.
- Alice + Olivia Crepe Mini Dress, $150.00
- Coast Marley Dress, $195.00
- River Island Pink Jacquard Necklace Dress, $130.00
- Topshop Bow Back Dress, $150.00
Weddings of this nature encourage guests to wear something comfortable; focus less on formality and more on celebrating the couple’s big day. With that said, you must obey one rule: DO NOT mistake casual for laziness – it is still a wedding after all. A classy summer dress paired with cute wedges are a great go-to (heels will sink in grass – and if it’s on the beach be prepared to ditch your shoes). If it is outdoors, accessorize accordingly which means including a cute pair of sunnies to go with your attire.
- Jovanna Anja Print dress, $102.00
- Oasis Plain Cami Maxi Dress, $120.00
- H&M Striped Satin Dress, $50.00
- Strapless Floral Summer Dress, $50.00
Sactown favorites, Madam Butterfly (500 Pavilions Ln) and Heart Boutique (1903 Capitol Ave) share some of their wedding season picks:
Madam Butterfly: A favorite among the fashion forward folks of Sacramento. The lovely ladies of MB are always bringing in the latest trends, from splurge-worthy picks to local labels, you’re sure to find something fabulous.
- Haute Hippie floral $475.
- 2. Cynthia Vincent blue ruffle $385.
- 3. 5. Diane Von Furstenberg strapless silk maxi $798 long necklace $38.
Heart Boutique: I don’t think I have ever met anyone who has never shopped at this little treasure trove. This unique boutique is filled with so many eclectic clothes and accessories. A definite stop for anyone looking for something fun for the weekend.
- Blue/white chevron tube maxi dress $36, necklace $18
- Halter dress $52
- Coral dress $43, necklace $24